Bicester Town Council has unveiled it 2022 events calendar and the focus is on fun.
New this year is a celebration to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and ‘Magic at the Garth’.
Also making a return is residents’ firm favourites including live music in the park events and the Christmas lights switch-on.
This year’s events also include a family fun day and returning for a second year of the Garth Park festive illuminated trail, which has been extended to run over two weeks in the lead up to Christmas.
Dates for your diary:
- Platinum Jubilee Celebration which takes place on Saturday, June 4, in Garth Park, off Launton Road, from 3pm to 9pm.
- Family Fun Day in Association with Armed Forces Day, on Saturday, June 25, at Pingle Field, Pingle Drive, from 11am to 4pm. This event includes the inaugural Bicester Food Festival.
- Magic at the Garth, on Wednesday, August 3, in Garth Park, Launton Road, from 11am to 2pm
- Queen Tribute Night, on Saturday, August 6, in Garth Park, Launton Road, from 7.30pm to 10pm, gates open at 6.30pm.
- 80s Night featuring Sledgehammer, on Saturday, August 20, Garth Park, Launton Road, from 7.30pm to 10pm, gates open at 6.30pm.
- Christmas Lights Switch-on, on Saturday, November 26, Bicester town centre, 10am to 7pm
- Garth Illuminated Light Trail, from Saturday, December 3, to Sunday, December 18, in Garth Park, from 4.30pm to 9.30pm
Further details about individual events and tickets will be published nearer the time.
Other community events planned for this year and taking place in Garth Park include:
- Nai’s House Mental Health Festival, Saturday, July 2
- Pride Festival, Garth Park, Saturday, July 9
- Bicester Festival, Garth Park, Saturday, July 16
Town Clerk Phil Evans said: “We are delighted to announce our events calendar for 2022. We have a mixture of popular favourites making a welcome return and a few new ones.
“All our events are family-friendly and are staged to bring townspeople together to have fun. Please put the dates in your diary and do watch out for further announcements providing more details and information on how you can get tickets.”
For more information view https://www.bicester.gov.uk/events/get-involved/