TheHill, a digital transformation group part of Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) NHS Foundation Trust, has opened applications for its Market Access Accelerator programme, a support scheme aimed at innovative digital health companies addressing real issues in health and care.
The call for applications is open to health innovators from within the NHS, or from external companies with breakthrough innovations that can be commercialised into impactful technological solutions for the NHS to be more efficient and effective, support people, and benefit patients.
Megan Morys-Carter, Director of TheHill and enterprise educator and innovator, said: “The Market Access Accelerator is a core part of our support to innovators in the digital health space. We help put innovators in the best possible position to work with the NHS, and our competitive selection process ensures that the start-ups chosen are bringing innovations of real value to staff and patients.”
Participants benefit from one-to-one support by a pool of highly qualified and experienced mentors, in addition to tailormade workshops on the different structures within the NHS and how decisions are made for the adoption of new technology within the different trusts, especially OUH.
The 2022 Market Access Accelerator offers significant benefits to candidates which include:
- A deep dive into NHS structures
- Introductions to TheHill’s Digital Innovation Ambassador network
- 1:1 mentoring
- Understanding NHS procurement and reimbursement
- The opportunity to pitch to OUH procurement senior management
- Access to events, workshops, showcase opportunities and Investment Day
- Free promotion of business success on our website and social media channels
- Discount on office space and meeting rooms in modern, environmentally friendly co-working space
- Opportunity to pitch at TheHill’s social mixers
- Tailor made support to develop MVP
- Pitch training for investment
- Introduction to TheHill’s Investor network
- Clinician led workshops
Abdul Gufar, Accelerator and Digital Innovation Manager at TheHill and OUH, said: “We are pleased to have launched our application registration for the 2022 Market Access Accelerator. TheHill’s unique position of being embedded within OUH brings a useful perspective which, coupled with an extensive network and enterprise education expertise in digital health, ideally places the MAA to accelerate businesses for the benefit of NHS staff and patients, and provide a springboard for international expansion.”