Councillor Susan Brown, Leader of Oxford City Council, has announced the Cabinet appointments for 2022/2, following the elections on Thursday 5 May.
Councillor Brown is re-elected by fellow councillors as Leader of the Council, with Councillor Ed Turner elected as Statutory Deputy Leader with and Councillor Chewe Munkonge elected as the other Deputy Leader role.
The members of the Cabinet are now:
- Councillor Susan Brown, Leader and Cabinet Member for Inclusive Economy and Partnerships
- Councillor Chewe Munkonge, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Leisure and Parks
- Councillor Ed Turner, Deputy Leader (Statutory) Cabinet Member for Finance and Asset Management
- Councillor Diko Walcott, Cabinet Member for Safer Communities
- Councillor Imogen Thomas, Cabinet Member for Zero Carbon Oxford and Climate Justice
- Councillor Louise Upton, Cabinet Member for Health and Transport
- Councillor Nigel Chapman, Cabinet Member for Citizen Focused Services
- Councillor Shaista Aziz, Cabinet Member for Inclusive Communities and Culture
- Councillor Linda Smith, Cabinet Member for Housing
- Councillor Alex Hollingsworth, Cabinet Member for Planning and Housing Delivery
Councillor Susan Brown, Leader of Oxford City Council said:
“I was delighted to announce this year’s Cabinet appointments at the Council’s Annual Meeting.
“This year’s Cabinet will drive forward the City Council’s key strategic priorities, and deliver on our manifesto, reflecting the needs and wishes of Oxford’s citizens and businesses – enabling an inclusive economy, supporting thriving communities, delivering more affordable housing and tackling homelessness, and pursuing a zero-carbon Oxford.
“I am pleased to welcome some new and returning members into the Cabinet this year but also want to take the opportunity to thank those who served last year for their commitment and efforts in ensuring Oxford is such a great place to live and work.”